My name is Christian Jensen, born in south west of Norway and currently living close to the middle of Norway in a little town called Orkanger. I have a masters degree in Marine engineering, but currently I’m working within the electronics business at a company called Simpro AS. I live together with my wife, our child and our dog.
I guess I’ve always been interested in photography. Only a couple of years old I got my first camera and went on camera expeditions together with my father. Still I did not end up as a professional photographer but rather a happy amateur. Photography has always been an interest I’ve had, and some sort of camera has always been with me on my journeys.
I do love being outside. I prefer going with my mountain bike, but a hike will work as well. And the camera always tag along. This web page will be just about that. The camera that comes along. The coming year I’ve decided to spend more time trying to capture the right moments instead of just rushing by. I guess you’ve heard the words composition, light, subject and timing when it comes to good quality photographs, and so have I. I’ve never really understood the full meaning of it, nor being skilled enough to actually see them all when aiming with the camera.
I do have a selection of camera equipment and here is what I do use:
- Camera bodies
- Canon EOS 5Ds: My main body that I still learn to use
- Canon EOS 5D mark III: was my main body for years, now its a good second choice
- Canon M100: My light weight body, mainly for filming
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L USM II: Intended use is northern lights and ultra wide angle landscapes.
- Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM: For landscape photography I tend to use this lens. It’s not as light as the alternatives, but its relatively cheap
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM: A very good normal zoom lens. I use this lens for every day use and northern lights that are close to the horizon
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM: I have this lens to reduce camera weight on longer trips where the focus is other things than photography
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM: A great telephoto zoom lens. I love its wide area of usage.
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro: The old Canon macro have been with me since the EOS 350D days. I don’t use it that much but it’s a lovely lens
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM: Taking the crop factor of the M100 into account this lens is about 24-70 and a all round lens with acceptable quality
- Canon EF-M 22mm f/2.0 STM: This is close to a 35mm considering the crop factor of the M100. A perfect lens for even lighter trips and for filming.
In addition I do have a camera bag, a tripod and some other exteriors that I often take with me on my trips.